Starting a successful business in the Philippines begins with the right business processes. To be legally acknowledged, business registration in the Philippines is required. If you’re starting a sole proprietorship venture, knowing how to register with DTI, and the needed DTI requirements should be on top of your list. Thanks to better systems, registering at DTI has become easier and faster.
The Purpose of a DTI Registration
Why do you need to register a business permit and name at DTI? This is to make sure no other business or organization has the same name as yours. DTI registration is the first step for sole proprietorship businesses to ensure you can go on with establishing your business without any legal hassles along the way.
DTI Registration Requirements
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- 1 Valid ID (SSS, GSIS, Passport, Voter’s ID, or any government-issued ID)
- Application Form
- Documentary Stamp worth PHP 15
- A set of three business names
Registration Fee (based on the extent you want your business name to solely be yours.)
- Barangay – Php 200
- City/ Municipality – Php 500
- Regional – Php 1,000
- National – Php 2,000
DTI Registration Procedures
- Bring the necessary DTI requirements and fill out the application form. (Application forms will be provided by DTI.)
- Submit requirements and pay the necessary fees.
- Wait only for a few minutes for your DTI permit / DTI business certificate.
How to Register Business Name if You’re Not Always Available?
If you’re busy and wondering how to process DTI registrations with your tight schedule, don’t fret. You can send in someone on your behalf – provided they have your authorization letter – to process for you.
How to Register Your Business Name to DTI Online?
- To register, go to https://bnrs.dti.gov.ph/registration
- Acknowledge the terms and complete the online forms to continue with the process.
- After completion, follow the instructions given and pay online, via bank transfer, or G-Cash.
- Processing usually takes 3-to-5 days to release the certification and receipt which will be sent to your registered email address in PDF file format.
Once you’ve finished DTI registration – and you’ve officially claimed your business name – you can proceed to the next steps to bringing your dream business to life.
Read More Articles
Whether you are at home alone, working at home or home-schooled, prolonged isolation can take its toll on mental health. You may experience increased stress, anxiety and less productive this Pandemic. This may affect your emotional, psychological, and social...
It is normal to feel anxious and stressed during this difficult time because things are getting worse, not only in our country but in the whole world, making it difficult for many to stay mentally healthy in these trying times. As the virus continues to spread day by...
In an economy that is steadily depending on digital capabilities to survive, it is critical for any business to have its own online presence. E-commerce is rapidly becoming the norm for most businesses-- from food to fast-moving consumer goods, fashion, groceries,...